The seventh #blogsync provided an opportunity for teachers of all walks to explore the broader purpose of their work. Predictably enough, the responses were as diverse as they were numerous, herein you can read the responses to the question: What is the purpose of Education?
To follow is the archive of the blogs and twitter links to their writers. A full description of the mechanics behind #blogsync and the form you can use to sign up can be found here
- @Cherryl-kd: The Purpose of Education? – different things to different people
- Sue Cowley: Doors Open
- Andy Day The Purpose of Education? -Not so much filling up empty vessels, as empty chairs
- Jude Enright: What is the Purpose of Education? – A Trip to Cambridge
- Michael Tidd: The purpose of Education? – Broadening Horizons
- Chris Chivers: Making sense of the world around you
- Tim Taylor: Trivium: the answer to the purpose of education?
- PedagogintheMachine: The Purpose of Education? Ask Malala Yousafzai
- Debbie and Mel: Two thoughtful contributions to the discussion on the purpose of education
- Janet Colledge: The Purpose of Education? – To build confidence & ambition, & to aid social mobility
- Chris Hildrew: The Purpose of Education? Individuality, Community, Love of Learning
- Andrew Cowley: The Purpose of Education? Making a Difference
- Harry Fletcher-Wood: The Purpose of Education? All students will be wise, empowered and intellectually-able citizens.
- The Numpty Teacher: The Purpose of Education? Education has a redemptive quality that never abandons a child and always welcomes them back
- Mishmashlearning: The Purpose of Education: Learning in all its shades
- Cav: An education to change the world
- Specialsciteach: The Purpose of Education? Doors Open – Eyes Open
- Franscesca: The Purpose of Education? Education can set you free!